philanthropists by showing our children how then can help other children.
We have seen how the simplicity of a Night Night Package -- the small act of placing a book, a blanket, and a stuffed animal into a tote -- opens children's eyes to the wonders and pleasures of helping others. With hands-on efforts, children being to realize the scope of our mission: one in every 50 children in the United States is homeless, and the average age of those children in 9 years old. This disheartening facts make our children want to do more.
We are asking kids to host a fundraiser for Project Night Night. It can be a real lemonade stand, a virtual lemonade stand (we will build your child their own webpage), or almost anything your child wishes. If you need inspiration, we have an entire page full of ideas.
Here is how they can help.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR KIDS?
Being a kid is hard. Children want an opportunity to be in charge of something entirely their own. Children feel compelled at a young age to help those who have little. We, at Project Night Night, want to give these children both the platform and the recognition that they deserve for being a champion.
By raising funds for Project Night Night, kids gain valuable benefits such as:
• Providing homeless children with a spark of hope in a time of crisis. • Learning more about homelessness and its effects on over 1.5 million U.S. children. • Knowing that homeless children will benefit from every dollar raised. • Reaping hands-on experience that cultivates public speaking, conviction, and pride. • Understanding the importance of setting a goal and working with a team.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR PROJECT NIGHT NIGHT?
Being a nonprofit is hard. Let's face it, raising money to support our mission is difficult. We serve 25,000 homeless children each year, and it costs a pretty penny. Every dollar donated helps us meet the needs of the children who remain on our waiting list for services.
Being a homeless child is devastating. One in every 50 children in the United States is homeless. The average age of a homeless child is 9.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR PARENTS?
Being a parent is hard. Parents struggle with finding ways to teach children to appreciate what they have and to learn the importance of having compassion for others.
WHERE IS YOUR CHILD'S MONEY GOING?
Over 96% of your donation will directly support Project Night Night's mission - to reduce trauma and provide access to high-quality literacy materials for homeless children ages 0-12. The other 4% goes for "administrative costs" such a our website, paper and other items needed to keep our business running. We are proud of our low administrative overhead and invite you to view our profile on Guidestar.org.
NEED MORE GOODIES?
Please visit our Resources page for a treasure trove of information, logos, videos, speaking points, and more!